- It's time for the Doll Festival! Read the message boards in game for the story behind the event please. To participate, you need a party
(alliance) of 10 people and you need to talk to the moogles around Vana'diel; doing so will get you a present on celebration of the Doll
Festival. They are located in: Northern and Southern San D'Oria, Bastok Mines and Markets, and Windurst Waters and Woods. You can only
do this once per (game) day.
- From 12:00 am to 5:00 am on March 1st 2005, and 12:00 am to 4:00 am on March 2nd 2005, the registration server will be unavailable.
During this time you will be unable to register or unsubscribe accounts, review or update your registered information, and review,
update or cancel Content ID's.
- The Version Update has Arrived! (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
The February version update is here, with all the additions and improvements you've been reading about! Keep an eye on Topics for all
the news and previews when the next version update rolls around! Click here for detailed information on the February version update.
- ENM Quests (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
New battlefield types will be unlocked for the upcoming Empty Notorious Monster quests!
- On Wednesday, February 23 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon), maintenance will be performed on all worlds. Client software will also be
updated at this time and Final Fantasy XI will be unavailable for play. Click here
for a list of things that will be updated.
- Traveling in Vana'diel: Barge and Manaclipper Multi-tickets FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
Have you ever found yourself watching the barge or manaclipper drift away from the docks as you fumble for gil to purchase your ticket?
Well, kiss those days goodbye with the new bargain-priced multi-tickets available only at participating Bibiki Bay and Carpenters'
Also, take care to check the new routes and times being introduced for Carpenters' Landing barges. An updated schedule will be announced
- New Promathia Missions and a Whole Lot More! (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
Look out for new Chains of Promathia scenarios, mannequins for sale, and other exciting additions in the next version update! Details
- Everyone's favorite Samurai Mithra has left us permanently. A copy of the email from Siafeh can be found
- A preliminary version update will become available for Windows users of Final Fantasy XI on Thursday, 2/17/05 at 12:00am (midnight) PST.
Service will not be interrupted; you may continue playing normally. No changes will occur in game until the main update has been
completed later this month.
- Actions Taken Due to Member Agreement Violations (PlayOnline)
On February 14th, over 800 accounts which repeatedly violated the PlayOnline Member Agreement were permanently banned from
We have taken this action against players who have monopolized notorious monster (NM) hunting spots in groups and performed harassment
and MPK against other players. Please refer to the
related news item for more details.
- Job-related Adjustments (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
The upcoming version update will feature several adjustments in job-related areas. Click
here for details.
- The PlayOnline registration server will be unavailable on Monday, 2/14/05 from 4:00PM to 6:00PM PST. You will be unable to register
PlayOnline accounts during this time. Maintenance time is subject to change.
- Love is in the Air (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
On February 11th, a special holiday event will begin in Vana'diel. Use this opportunity to tell that "special someone" how you truly
feel! Further details can be found here.
- Attention all Fishing Fanatics! (FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team)
Think you know all there is to know about fishing? After the next version update, things might be a little different! Click
here for an outline of the new fishing system.
- Guild Contracts (Final Fantasy XI Development Team)
In the next version update, there are additions and changes to the items required to fulfill guild contracts. Learn more about these
- Chat Filters (Final Fantasy XI Development Team)
In the previous version update, separate chat filters were created for NPCs. In the upcoming February update, these NPC chat filters
will be further refined to allow for even more specific settings. Details regarding these changes will be announced at the time of the
- Warning Regarding "Phishing" and Similar Fraud Schemes (Final Fantasy XI Development Team)
It has come to our attention that some individuals are contacting FINAL FANTASY XI players in-game and referring them to fake websites
resembling the official PlayOnline.com (http://www.playonline.com/) site. These sites ask the player to enter their PlayOnline ID and password at the fake
website, with the intent of stealing items belonging to the player's character or characters. This practice, commonly known as
"phishing," has become very common on the Internet.
We have permanently removed the PlayOnline membership of these players who are responsible for hosting such websites to the attention
of the proper authorities, requested further investigation on this issue with the help of the public organization, and have also shut
down these sites to protect the FINAL FANTASY XI community.
Keep your data safe! Keep your PlayOnline ID and Password secure! Please also refer to
the related news for more details.
- Introducing the FINAL FANTASY XI iGames Tour 2005!
Due to an overwhelmingly positive community response to previous events, we're proud to announce the FINAL FANTASY XI iGames Tour 2005!
Members of the online team will be visiting various iGames locations around the country this year to meet and hang out with the FINAL
FANTASY XI community. The first stop on our tour will be Gardena, California, on Saturday, February 26, 2005!
Click here for more information on this FREE event!
- At the end of this month, expect a major update to Final Fantasy XI. Some things we know about so far: New Areas, New Monsters,
Expanded Search Comments, and a new NPC that will hold your Artifact Armor while you aren't using it. This means you can have multiple sets
finally, and not worry about space issues or creating mules to hold all those extra goodies. Click
here for more details.
- Artifact Armor (Final Fantasy XI Development Team)
Do you have several jobs at high levels? Sick of lugging around all those sets of artifact armor? Well, no more! We are currently
devising a system to take the pressure off your overflowing Mog Safe. Details
- Live Chat support is now available Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm Pacific Time. You can ask questions relating to Registration,
Installation, Account/Billing and issues of a Technical nature.
- Search Comments (Final Fantasy XI Development Team)
Search comments are currently divided into four categories: EXP party, Mission/Quest, Item-related, and Others. We are planning to
expand the number of categories available, and create subcategories such as Seek Party and Find Member to allow for more specific
comments and searches. In addition, a new text command will make it possible to set search comments using a macro. These features are
scheduled for the February version update.